Unsettled

I have this unsettled feeling as I am closing in on this goal.  Like there is so much more on the horizon to do and accomplish and I'm antsy to move on to the next thing.  But the next thing is just recovery, so who knows.  Life changes a lot in August with Lila going to all day school and I think some of the unsettled feelings come from that.  A whole chapter closes and I have to write what comes next.  There is pressure in making sure I'm doing something worthwhile and not whittling away my days while the kids are in school.

Decisions, decisions.

That's what was on my mind when I set out on my bike Saturday morning.  It was a gorgeous morning. The weather was perfect.  I didn't have any set distance or speed in mind.  Just ride my bike. And it was good.  I didn't figure out anything, but it gave me something to think about and the miles clicked by pretty fast.  Yay for spring.

We're closing in on the last two weeks before the race.  I hope I did enough to make it across the finish line in time.  I really hope the weather cooperates, both here and down there.  I'm equally excited and terrified.  It's getting real.

Weekly Totals
Swimming: 6337 yards
Biking: 3:40 (long ride 45 miles)
Running: 19 miles

Workout of the Week
It was my first canyon run of the season this week!  I called up my trusty friends and convinced them that no better fun would be had then to run 2 miles up the canyon and then 12 miles down and around.  I think they think I am crazy.

But, we did it!  We killed those two miles up.  And enjoyed 9 miles down.  And then three of us kept going for another few miles.  Shanon turned off with 2.5 miles left but Heather hung with me.  And I felt really good.  I even left Heather for the last half mile.  It was a good run and I feel confident for the run portion of the tri.  I'm feeling better trained then I did for Vikingman.  

Comments