Plugging Along

It was a pretty uneventful week this last week.  I managed to get in almost all my workouts.  I missed a strength on Monday because I was still recovering from Saturday's bike ride.  I think that's probably my biggest thing--recovering well enough to do it all again the next day.  However, the addition of a protein shake before bed has been a God-send.  It has helped SO much.  I sleep better and I don't feel like I'm always trying to catch up on nutrition.

I wish I could say my nutrition was on point.  It's not.  I gain the same three pounds every weekend that I take off during the week.  I guess it could be worse.  But WTH??  I'm burning upwards of 1000 calories Every. Single. Day.  I should weigh like 50 pounds!  Sigh.  I am not going to worry about it anymore.  I have decided to wear my larger wetsuit and let Hillary borrow my other one.  Now I can just eat and be merry.

I sat down and figured out how fast we needed to be on each of the legs to make the cut-off.  Knowing that swimming is not my forte and because I like round numbers I gave myself an hour with the swim and the transition.  That gives us 4.5 hours to do 56 miles on the bike.  That's about 12.4 mph average.  I did considerably better--alas, without that nasty climb up Snow Canyon--on my 50 miler last weekend.  I think we can do it.  Then we have three hours to do the run, which is easy peasy.  I really am only nervous about that bike ride.  I need to be hitting the hills more.  I know that.  But it keeps raining!  Ugh!  Spring!

So that's it.  Just plugging along, crossing each workout off.  Looking ahead to some down time.

Weekly Totals
Swim: 5882 yards
Bike: 5 hours (55 mile long)
Run: 23.4 miles

Workout of the Week
It was getting close to the end of the week and no one workout was standing out.  But...alas...Friday's run took it for the week.

I had a thing at the school I had to be at 9:30, so I decided to move my bike to Saturday and do my long run Friday morning instead.  I figured if I could knock out 6.5-7 miles with the group, it would only leave 6ish miles to do by myself.

Normally, I will default to the treadmill because it's easier and I can run downhill, but Friday, it was such a beautiful morning, that I decided I would try to do it all outside.  Unfortunately, we only hit 5 miles with the group, so that left 8 miles to do by myself.  Add in different wake up times for the kids and getting them off to school, it was going to be a juggle.

I woke up Josh and headed back outside for three miles.  That got me to 8.  Then I woke up Aunika and went back out for 2 miles.  Then came home and Lila was already awake, but not dressed, so I got her dressed and ran around the park for a mile.  So 11 miles.  Finished helping the girls get ready for school and walked them to the bus stop.  Then I kicked out the final two miles.  It was the most fractured half marathon ever!

But...I ran those 8 miles like Super Woman.  Granted there were periods of rests in between the different segments, but still...I felt GREAT!  Of the final 8 miles, only one was over 10 minutes and that's because it was hard to get going on mile 12 when I had a 30 minute break.  Overall, it was a good run!  Yay for feeling stronger!

Comments