Recovery Week

It was a recovery week this last week but the training schedule still called for a lot of workouts.  So I didn't do them.  And I tried not to feel guilty about it.  Which was successful.  I didn't feel guilty about it.

I rode my bike with Wade to his work for a 16 mile round trip on Tuesday and ran 5 slowish miles on Saturday.

But spent two days in Moab with the kids.  And saw my 91 year old uncle for probably the last time. And cleaned out the pantry because of an overabundance of energy.  And just relaxed.  So it was a much needed break to get me to the starting line.  I'm feeling good about the upcoming two weeks, which will be the heaviest weeks of the training.  I *think* the weather is turning towards actually being able to bike outside.  The finish line is in sight and I'm already planning what to do afterwards (lots of recovery.  The Great American Road Trip. Summer).  I was putting together a rough plan of what to do until the Ironman training starts up in February and the desire to do a marathon in the fall is gone.  I'm not sure that I want to spend my time training for another endurance event.  I feel like I've been going at it since January 2018 and I want to have some down time.  Like 9.5 months of down time.  Maybe by July I'll be climbing the walls, but right now, needlepoint and crochet are sounding like awesome hobbies to take up.

And that's where I sit less than 4 weeks out from this shindig!


Comments